Paris, June 27, 2018 - What Chinese contribution to the industrialization of the Mediterranean and Africa?
The third edition of the Mediterranean and African Breakfasts meetings organised by IPEMED in partnership with Bpifrance and IC Publications took place on 27 June 2018. It is focused on the topic: "What Chinese contribution to the industrialization of the Mediterranean and Africa?".
The debates were built on a new publication, produced in partnership with the Observatoire Europe-Afrique 2020 and a group of experts.
This event gathered an audience of over 80 people, among which scientists, politicians and manufacturers.
It was introduced by Jean-Louis Guigou, President of IPEMED, tempered by Hichem Ben Yaiche, Editor-in-chief of New African and African Business, with the participation of:
- Isabelle Bébéar, Director of International and University of Bpifrance ;
- Jean-Louis Guigou, President of IPEMED;
- Christian Delavelle, President of the Observatoire Europe-Afrique 2020;
- Fathallah Oualalou, former Moroccan minister, former mayor of Rabat and author of a book entitled " La Chine et nous : répondre au second dépassement ";
- Dr. Basly Mohamed Sahbi, Ambassador, President of the Mediterranean organization of the Silk Road;
- Thierry Pairault, Director of Research Emeritus (CNRS – EHESS);
- Paulo Gomes, Director of PG and Partners, Co-Founder of New African Capital Partners, Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Africa-Southeast Asia Chamber of Commerce.
You can find below the summary, the videos and photos of the event.