Participation of Jean-Marie Paintendre to the Franco-Lebanese Business Meetings
Jean-Marie Paintendre, IPEMED’s International Advisor, took part in the Franco-Lebanese Business Meetings co-organised by the CCI Paris Ile-de-France and the Franco-Lebanese Chamber of Commerce* on Thursday 20th October, in Paris.
He talked about growing sectors in Africa and highlighted four examples of the economic potential of this continent. He also explained the conditions that are necessary to develop this potential for as many Africans as possible:
- The African continent has a potential that needs to be developed in partnership;
- Trade is undergoing a sustained growth that needs to be diversified;
- Africa boasts a significant demographic dividend that requires an attentive management of the human capital;
- Regional integration must be improved in order to control development better.
To conclude on these topics, Jean-Marie Paintendre presented the project of an international foundation La Verticale “Africa-Mediterranean-Europe” that IPEMED is developing.
Based on the models of the Americas and Asia, la Verticale will be a think-tank network, a tool to boost regional integration and it will gather experts, operators and politicians. This project, designed according to the co-development concept, must favour growth in Africa, in Mediterranean countries and in Europe.
For more information: http://laverticale-ame.org/
* The CCI Paris Ile-de-France is a benefactor of IPEMED and the Franco-Lebanese Chamber of Commerce works in partnership with the Institute.