Montpellier, 12 March 2018: Feedback on the conference-debate on the book “Africa - Mediterranean - Europe: The axis of the future"
Upon the publication of the book by Jean-Louis Guigou, President of IPEMED, co-written with the economist Pierre Beckouche, a conference-debate was organised in Montpellier, in collaboration with Agropolis International, Montpellier SupAgro and EcomNewsMed. This event gathered around forty actors from the scientific sphere, institutions as well as members of the civil society.
The conference was conducted in two steps:
- First of all by a presentation of the book “Africa - Mediterranean - Europe: The axis of the future". The macro-region of the “AME” axis is presented as an opportunity regarding the economic and social codevelopment of territories.
- To illustrate this coproduction potential, the event was followed by a round table that advocated “sustainable and shared food safety and security” in the Africa-Mediterranean-Europe axis. This second part reflected the collective publication published by IPEMED at the beginning of 2017.
The following participants took part in the conference:
- Jean-François Blanchet, General Director, BRL;
- Guillaume Cros, Vice President, Occitanie Region, in charge of European Affairs and cooperation for development (to be confirmed);
- Bernard Hubert, President of the Commission for International Agricultural Research (CRAI);
- Jean-Louis Rastoin, Professor Emeritus at Montpellier SupAgro;
- Salomé Kahindo and Hawa Diallo, students at Montpellier SupAgro.
For a summary of the event, see the article of EcomnewsMed, available on their website:
A synthesis of the event is also available of the website of Agropolis: