Feedback on the Conference "Environment and development in the Mediterranean yesderday, today and tomorrow" on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of Plan Bleu
Plan Bleu and Association Serge Antoine held on the 5th of June in Paris, a study day connecting forty years of reflections and actions for sustainable development in the Mediterranean region to the perception of this area current and futures challenges.
This event was organised with the support of the Comité d'histoire of the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition, the “Conseil général de l’agriculture et de l’Alimentation” (CGAAER) and the IPEMED.
The morning, dedicated to the creation - on the initiative of Serge Antoine - of Plan Bleu, brought back the work of the organization in such areas as prospective and environmental reporting, which gave it its legitimacy.
During the afternoon, speakers discussed on such issues as marine ecosystems management, sustainable tourism, rural development, blue economy, biodiversity and talked about possible and desirable futures. The fragility of the Mediterranean region and the multiple pressures that it undergo call for the stakeholders’ mobilization.
On this occasion, Plan Bleu also announced the launching of MED 2050, a new foresight study in the horizon 2050, intended to mobilize Southern and Northern decision-makers and stakeholders by overstepping geographic and institutional boundaries.
List of speakers (morning):
- Thierry Lavoux, President of Plan Bleu
- Gaetano Leone, Coordinator of UN Environment/MAP
- Jacques Theys, President of the Association Serge Antoine
- Guillaume Benoit, member of the CGAAER, former Director Plan Bleu
- Mohamed Si Youcef, former General Director of the Environment, Algeria
- Khalil Attia, former General Director of the Environment, Tunisia
- Lucien Chabason, former Coordinator of the Mediterranean Action Plan (UN Environment/MAP, 1994-2003)
- Elen Lemaître-Curri, Director of Plan Bleu
List of speakers (afternoon):
- Bernard Brillet, Compliance Committee – Barcelona Convention
- Pierre Blanc, professor of geopolitics at Bordeaux sciences agro and Science Po Bordeaux
- Catherine Piante, World Wide Fund (WWF)
- Yves Henocque, Institut français de recherche pour l’exploitation de la mer (Ifremer)
- Houria Tazi Sadeq, lawyer, president of Moroccan water coalition
- Mohamed Naciri, geographer, founding co-chair of the international NGO ENDA « Environment, development and action »
- Jean-Louis Guigou, president of IPEMED
- Rena Dourou, Governor of Attica Region, representing the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR)
- Mohamed Aït-Kadi, President of the Conseil Général du Développement Agricole, Morocco
- Pascal Bergeret, Director of the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Montpellier (CIHEAMIAMM)
- Virginie Dumoulin, Director of European and International Affairs, Ministry for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition
- Pierre Duquesne, Ambassador, Interministerial Delegate in charge of Mediterranean Affairs
- Miguel García-Herraiz, Deputy Secretary-General Water & Environment, Union for the Mediterranean
- Marie-Hélène Loison, Director North Africa and Middle East, Agence française de développement (AFD)
Find enclosed documents and the photos of the event on: http://planbleu.org/en/event/conference-environment-and-development-mediterranean-yesderday-today-and-tomorrow-occasion