Scientific Report "La Verticale: a foundation to boost regional integration"
The Verticale "Africa - Mediterranean - Europe" is a foundation that should serve as a tool to promote and support economic and political transitions in Africa and boost regional integration of these three groups.
After the first publication advocating for a New Deal between Africa, Mediterranean and Europe, a scientific report, entitled "La Verticale: a foundation to accelerate regional integration", was written by Jean-Louis Guigou and Pierre Beckouche at the end of 2017.
This report received the support of many political figures:
- Didier Acouetey, President of AfricSearch
- Mounir Fakhry Abdelnour, Former Egyptian Minister
- Aicha Belarbi, Former Moroccan Minister
- Joachim Bitterlich, Former Chancellor Advisor, Germany
- Jean Kacou Diagou, Founding President of NSIA Assurances
- Eric Diamantis, President of the Endowment Fund of the Verticale, Associate Attorney, CLYDE & CO
- Hakim el-Karoui, Founding President of Volentia
- Piero Fassino, Former Italian Minister, President of CeSPI
- Iqbal Gharbi, Director of the Chair of Religious Anthropology, Zitouna University, Tunisia
- Elisabeth Guigou, Former French Minister, President of the Anna Lindh Foundation, Member of the Policy Orientation Committee of IPEMED
- Christian Hiller Von Gaertringen, Specialist in financing investment projects in Africa
- Eneko Landaburu, Former Ambassador of the European Union to the Kingdom of Morocco and Former Director General of the European Commission
- Miguel Angel Moratinos, Former Spanish Minister, Chair of the IPEMED Policy Orientation Committee
- Jemal Taleb, Goodwill Ambassador of Mauritania, Lawyer, Cabinet CLYDE & CO
- Pascal Terrasse, MP (1997/2017), Former Secretary General of the Francophonie Assembly
- Fouad N. Trad, Managing Director of Byblos Bank Europe
- 1. Africa - Mediterranean - Europe: what are we talking about?
- 2. Why? The regionalization of globalization is underway
- 3. How? The foundation
- 4. Conclusion: Faced with the chaos of globalization without landmarks, the vertical AME is a mobilizing project for the 21st century